Strata Energy Inc.
REPORTS TO: Plant Production Superintendent
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for the operation of a truck mounted pulling unit (such as a Smeal or Pulstar) for the servicing of uranium production and injections wells at the ISR mine. This includes the daily maintenance that is requires to maintain the wellfield and plant components of operations. This position is not limited to operating the pulling unit, other tasks include installing submersible pumps and motors, swabbing of wells and maintenance to field components as needed. A strong commitment to safety and environmental compliance is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Safely operate truck mounted pulling units and associated support equipment (hose reels, trailers, water trucks) at ISR wellfields to install or repair well casing, submersible pumps, tubing and wiring.
- Safely operate truck mounted pulling units and associated support equipment to swab wells.
- Inspect and maintain pulling units and associated support equipment to company standards.
- Complete minor repairs to pulling units, associated support equipment and submersible water pumps.
- Maintain required records for certain activities.
- Operate a pickup truck on company premises as necessary.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to safety and environmental protection.
Be task trained and proficient on the following tools, equipment and procedures:
- Basic vehicle maintenance
- Drills, saws, grinders
- Emergency response
- Hand tools
- Hose reel
- Lockout procedures
- On-site chemicals
- Pickup trucks
- Poly fusion
- Pulling units
- Swabbing Equipment
- Wiring pumps
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma.
- Experience working with pulling units and/or water or oil well service type activities and equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, company procedures, and memos.
- Ability to write and maintain records.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid class “C” driver’s license is required.
SAFETY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
The employee must be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s industrial safety and radiation safety policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift 25-100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hazards typically associated with a uranium ISR facility which includes the presence of low levels of radioactive materials and radiation, low to moderate noises levels, moving equipment, slips on wet surfaces, and trips related to uneven ground and facility equipment. The work is generally outdoors and the employee can be exposed to inclement weather including cold, hot, snow, rain, mud etc.
To apply for this job email your details to DKukuchka@stratawyo.com